The Cure for Loneliness

Today's Five Minute Friday Word is lonely. I don't have the foggiest clue what exactly to write so I'm just going to improvise and write whatever pops in my mind for five minutes...that is exactly what this writing exercise is all about so I'm doing awesome at this point!

What do I think about the word lonely?  If I sit around thinking about it, you might say that that makes my lonely. We get so busy in our everyday hustle and bustle.  You wake up and before you know it, it is time to go back to sleep.  I am sure if we thought about it long enough, then we would get lonely. So how do you deal with being lonely?

I am single at this season of my life.  Even though I'm divorced, but I'm not going to push it.  I have been there and done that and got the t-shirt that says "I am a divorced man, so don't rub it in!"  I do still get lonely at times, but it doesn't govern my day. I know that I do not wish to spend my golden years alone.

 I don't think the cure for loneliness is staying busy all the time. What about your quiet time? Do you take the time to get quiet before GOD? 

I think that is very important to process quietness in those times. That is where the rubber meets the road.  Do lonely thoughts dominant your mind during those times?  For me at times they do. We were not made to be alone.

It seems like the bible is clear...For the scriptures say it's better to be single. If you can handle that then don't push that button.  Marriage is like and should be, "a sacred covenant between two people."

Couples tend to take that covenant too loosely. God hates divorce. He has an eternal covenant with us...

The cure for loneliness is not to hook up. It is in 'the knowing' that you are never alone if God is with you.  For His presence is always near you. We pull away from Him, He never pulls away from us.  If we have a real relationship with Jesus, we never have to face life alone!

 A relationship takes two putting in one hundred percent. One person cannot do all the work. Jesus gave his all on that cross.  We should be willing to give our whole hearts to Him holding nothing back.  It is way more than attending church services. It is giving him our all everyday...He will take away loneliness if you let Him.  





Comments

  1. Encouraging and thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is better to be alone than lonely with people. I have been lonely among people too often, and then alone with the quiet later. Lonely with people carries it own sharpness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment

Popular posts from this blog

BE SET FREE from NEGATIVITY!!!

It’s Already Been Done!!

Not in a Hurry