Happy Father's Day to You...






Today is Father's Day for many fathers around the world.    I hope you all have a Happy one and for those who have fathers that you reach out to them today in some way...

My dad and I's relationship has come a long way since he and my mom divorced when I was 5.  There was a period of time when we were not in each other's lives.

I called him today and let him know I was in his thoughts and wished him a good day.  It was his day and I honored him as dad with that phone call.  We haven't always been close. He has seen my struggles and have been there for me more in my adult years.  

No matter what it is always good to honor our dads no matter what and not take them for granted. One day they will not be here, and I hope that no one has regrets with their parents.

I am a dad and have relationship blunders with my kids as well...I divorced where they were small children...It really makes me sad that my kids did not reach out to me in some way today. Yes, I was not there when they really needed me.  We may be states away but they have phones. I have always done my best to be there for them but there seems to be a dividing wall there that no greeting card cannot penetrate. All I am asking them is for some small amount of honor or recognition. I realized there are young adults now and have their own families and busy with their lives, but I am not getting any younger and will not always be here to get in contact with...

God sees and knows my heart and he sees their hearts as well.  I am not even sure I will post or share this posting. All I can do is pray for them and their families and hope they reach out before I die someday...There is not a day that I don't think about my sons.  I don't know if I even cross their minds at all.

I am just not going to let it get me down.  It is really on them I have done all I honestly known to do under the circumstances.

Maybe there is someone remotely reading this, who need to contact their dads today... who knows who is reading this, But I am praying that you do what you know to do to get right with your parents. If you do not do what it takes, you will regret it someday.

Jesus, I pray that the hearts of the children will turn towards their fathers.  This father is there just like the heavenly Father is. All it takes is one phone call or text to let them know you are thinking about them today...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s not that Complicated

Someday

Not in a Hurry