Saturday, June 15, 2024

Prayer Covering

And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.  Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.  Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.

Hebrews 5:15-17


Fervent means "to keep" a deep, and focused, passion-filled heart, aligning ourselves with God.  As well as "Having or displaying" a passionate intensity, fueled by the Holy Spirit.

I believe it is very important for us as believers to have a "fervent prayer covering" and make it into a lifestyle of intercession! 

I must confess I have been going through a weary season where it seems my prayers seem dormant and way too casual...How can GOD move on a lethargic and lukewarm prayers?

But the other night I felt impressed by God to pray for my best friend and his family that are being individually greatly attacked. 

I started praying for them and when I finished it was over an hour! I was shocked and my prayer was so fervent. The spirit of intercession was there in a way I have never experienced in a long time.   

The bible says that the fervent prayer of a righteous man brings great results.  I do not claim to be a righteous man by far. I am not perfect by a long shot, but Jesus is my righteousness!! But something happened when I prayed that prayer in faith and my prayers were not hindered by my flesh.

I am believing in deliverance for that family I prayed for!! I know that this time of prayer brought a fire into my prayer life!!

So, what does it mean to cover someone in prayer.  It means standing in the gap for them and storming the gates of hell interceding for them!  Satan doesn't want us praying like that...He wants us casually praying.

When you pray like this it not only covers those in prayer that you are praying for, but it covers you as well! Something powerful transpires when you align and focus your prayers before God!!

I want to encourage you to put this scripture into application. You just might be an Elijah, and not even know it!!!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I needed a reminder like this. FMF15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It encourages me to keep praying and not believe Satan's lie that my prayers are of no avail.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

What is Your Choice?

My choice is you,  God , first and only.      And now I find I’m your choice! Psalms 16:5 MSG We make "choices" every day.  A choi...