The War has been WON...in Jesus!!!



The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.  But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses. 

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.  Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. 


Galatians 5:17-18, 24-25


We must get to a place in Jesus where we give him all out battles. Until then, we will aimlessly go through a vicious cycle of falling and getting back up. Going through those motions will drain us.  It's really called habitual sin and can be a stronghold in your life...

We are truly fighting a spiritual battle.  We "have to" STAND firmly grounded in the Spirit, or we will be defeated over and over again.  There is a very strong spiritual war going on in every believers life who lives in constant defeat.  Something is not right with that picture. Jesus Christ made us to be overcomers in Him. We have to be aligned and in tune with the Holy Spirit.

I went through this in my own Christian walk. There was a certain area in my life that I could not get the victory until I found strength in God's grace. Yes, i had a secret sin in my life. God knows...and that is all that is important. I do not think it is that important to share or I would...It really got me down a whole lot. God had to do a serious work on changing my heart, as I allowed His Spirit to fight that battle.  Am I saying I'm sin free? NO! but I have seen a great change in that area.

I had to stand strong in His grace, allowing His Spirit to do the fighting within me. We have to stand in the victory of Jesus giving Him the victory in every battle. 

You may be reading this and thinking that you will never get the victory in that area. I am here to tell you that you will as you submit to the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit will give you the strength to crucify the flesh! You are not too weak if the His Spirit is residing inside you. You just have to be constantly aware of His presence, and in His grace His presence is all around you! Praise the LORD JESUS. LEt HIM have His way in your heart and stand strong!!  You cannot do this alone, you need the Helper to help you let Him fight for you in the Spirit.  It is a spiritual battle and there is victories to be won!!!

Dear Jesus, thank you for sending your Holy Spirit upon the ones reading this. Submerge us in your grace and fight our battle in the area that we struggle with. Holy Spirit resuscitate us and bring us to life in Jesus.  We crucify our fleshly nature and allow Your nature to rise up within us in the name of Jesus Christ. AMEN!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s not that Complicated

Someday

Not in a Hurry